Wendy’s classes are designed for all levels, from beginners to the more advanced practitioner. She believes that everyone can benefit from yoga.
“I have practised both Hatha and Ashtanga yoga with Wendy, and find her style of teaching reassuring and encouraging. Wendy’s yoga classes always provides guidance on alignment and gives options to vary or modify each posture, so that everyone is catered for at their own level. I always leave Wendy’s classes feeling relaxed and knowing that I am guaranteed a good nights sleep!I would highly recommend Wendy as a yoga teacher.” – Natalie Beckham
Yoga is an ancient Indian discipline dating back thousands of years. The word ‘yoga’ is derived from the Sanskrit root ‘yuj’ meaning ‘yoke’ or ‘union.’ We can think of yoga as a system for harmonising the mind, body and spirit.
Today, in the Western World, the most widely practised form of yoga is Hatha yoga. This uses physical postures (asana), combined with conscious breath awareness (pranayama), mental concentration and relaxation to promote strength, flexibility, balance and feelings of calm on a mental as well as a physical level.
The benefits of taking regular yoga classes can potentially bring:
- Improved strength, muscle tone and flexibility
- Greater range of movement in joints and muscles
- Improved posture and alignment
- Loadbearing so can increase in bone density thus improving skeletal stability
- Target small muscles not generally used in a gym session
- Alleviate ailments associated with muscle tightness and spinal compression
- Increased efficiency of lungs and cardio-vascular system
- Use of breath is an integral part of yoga, correct breathing can help to calm the nervous system which greatly benefits the whole body & mind.
- May improve concentration, memory and ability to focus
- Reduced symptoms of anxiety and depression
- An alert positive mind with greater sense of wellbeing.
- Better quality of sleep
“Wendy is a fantastic teacher with so much knowledge. Her classes are relaxed and inclusive. Highly recommend.”
“A great yoga teacher who truly knows her stuff.”
“A kind and patience teacher who I would recommend to anyone.”
“Welcoming, fun and you always feel like you’ve had a good workout!”
“I have been practising yoga with Wendy for nearly 4 years now and I have to say, my life has been completely transformed not only by the power of yoga itself, but also by the incredible teacher that Wendy is.”